Ex-WWE star, Combate fighter Alberto Del Rio arrested, accused of brutal assault on woman

Ex-WWE star, Combate fighter Alberto Del Rio arrested, accused of brutal assault on woman

Former WWE star and Combate Americas fighter Alberto Del Rio was arrested on May 9 and charged with sexual assault after a woman reported to police a brutal assault that took place earlier this month, per a report from an NBC affiliate in San Antonio, Texas.

Del Rio, whose real name is Jose Rodriguez Chucuan, was charged with domestic violence and aggravated sexual assault stemming from the woman’s report. She alleged the ex-wrestler and fighter attacked her over a 16-hour period between the night of May 3 and afternoon of May 4, TMZ reported. The alleged victim documented her injuries in multiple photographs, and an officer on scene noted she had bruises on her face, neck, arms and legs.

Del Rio, 42, was booked into a San Antonio jail on May 9 and was freed hours later on a $50,000 bond. He has not commented publicly on his arrest, and MMA Fighting was unable to reach him for comment. A PR rep for Combate Americas declined comment and said Del Rio hasn’t worked for the promotion since this past December.

The woman, who reportedly speaks only Spanish, told police that the assault began when she denied his accusations of being unfaithful. He twice slapped her across the head and took her downstairs, where he struck her eight more times, News for San Antonio reported.

The victim said Del Rio’s strikes left her feeling “woozy and dizzy.” He made her put on a dress and dance for him, and she said he had sex with her without her consent. She also said he threatened her son, saying her would “drop him off in the middle of the road somewhere” if she didn’t stay quiet.

At one point, the alleged victim said Del Rio shoved a sock into her mouth to keep her from speaking, and she couldn’t breathe.

Del Rio was one-half of Combate Americas’ first foray into pay-per-view, taking on UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz after nine years in retirement. Ortiz submitted the ex-wrestler in the first round.

Prior to his comeback, Del Rio served as an ambassador and executive with the Hispanic-centered promotion, which hired him 2016 as its president after he was released from the WWE.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.