01 Jan Miguel Baeza now meets Jeremiah Wells at Saturday’s UFC Vegas 11
Miguel Baeza will battle Jeremiah Wells at UFC Vegas 11 on Sept. 19 with Mickey Gall injured, multiple people with knowledge of the booking told MMA Fighting. Ag. Fight first reported the change.
Wells (8-2-1), the Cage Fury welterweight champion, steps in on short notice for his octagon debut. In his previous bout, the 33-year-old submitted Marco Smallman to capture the CFFC 170-pound belt. Six of his eight wins are by stoppage.
Baeza (9-0) is a Contender Series product who won a pair of fights since joining the UFC in 2019. Most recently, he scored a second-round knockout over welterweight veteran Matt Brown. A teammate of Colby Covington at MMA Masters, he has seven knockouts in nine MMA victories.
UFC Vegas 11 is headlined by the long-awaited welterweight showdown between Covington and Tyron Woodley and airs live on ESPN+.
Here is the complete card:
- Colby Covington vs. Tyron Woodley
- Donald Cerrone vs. Niko Price
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Johnny Walker vs. Ryan Spann
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Randa Markos
- Kevin Holland vs. Darren Stewart
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Jordan Espinosa vs. David Dvorak
- Miguel Baeza vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Sarah Alpar
- Journey Newson vs. Randy Costa
- Andre Ewell vs. Irwin Rivera
- Darrick Minner vs. TJ Laramie